San Francisco 49ers 2022 Schedule and Results
The San Francisco 49ers 2022 schedule features the maximum total of five primetime games, highlighting the expectation level for head coach Kyle Shanahan and Co., which is nothing short of capitalizing on a Super Bowl window with a loaded roster on both sides of the ball.
However, despite having a third-place finish in the NFC West a year ago, the Niners nevertheless entered the year tied for the fifth-toughest strength of schedule based on last year’s win-loss records.
That said, a weakened NFC West could open up the door for San Francisco to reclaim the division crown after falling short here in each of the last two seasons.
And it might only take 10 or 11 games to get there.
San Francisco 49ers 2022 schedule
- Week 1 @ Chicago Bears — Sunday, Sept. 11 at 1 p.m. ET (L, 19-11)
- Week 2 vs. Seattle Seahawks — Sunday, Sept. 18 at 4:05 p.m. ET (W, 27-7)
- Week 3 @ Denver Broncos — Sunday, Sept. 25 at 8:20 p.m. ET* (L, 11-10)
- Week 4 vs. Los Angeles Rams — Monday, Oct. 3 at 8:15 p.m. ET* (W, 24-9)
- Week 5 @ Carolina Panthers — Sunday, Oct. 9 at 4:05 p.m. ET (W, 37-15)
- Week 6 @ Atlanta Falcons — Sunday, Oct. 16 at 1 p.m. ET (L, 28-14)
- Week 7 vs. Kansas City Chiefs — Sunday, Oct. 23 at 4:25 p.m. ET (L, 44-23)
- Week 8 @ Los Angeles Rams — Sunday, Oct. 30 at 4:25 p.m. ET (W, 31-14)
- Week 9 — BYE
- Week 10 vs. Los Angeles Chargers — Sunday, Nov. 13 at 8:20 p.m. ET* (W, 22-16)
- Week 11 @ Arizona Cardinals — Monday, Nov. 21 at 8:15 p.m. ET* (W, 38-10)
- Week 12 vs. New Orleans Saints — Sunday, Nov. 27 at 4:25 p.m. ET (W, 13-0)
- Week 13 vs. Miami Dolphins — Sunday, Dec. 4 at 4:05 p.m. ET (W, 33-17)
- Week 14 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Sunday, Dec. 11 at 4:25 p.m. ET (W, 35-7)
- Week 15 @ Seattle Seahawks — Thursday, Dec. 15 at 8:15 p.m. ET* (W, 21-13)
- Week 16 vs. Washington Commanders — Saturday, Dec. 24 at 4:05 p.m. ET (W, 37-20)
- Week 17 @ Las Vegas Raiders — Sunday, Jan. 1 at 4:05 p.m. ET (W, 37-34)
- Week 18 vs. Arizona Cardinals — 4:25 p.m. PT (W, 38-13)
- Wild Card Round: vs. Seahawks, 1:30 p.m. PT, Jan 14 (W, 41-23)
- Divisional Round: vs Cowboys, 3:30 p.m. PT, Jan 22 (W,19-12)
- NFC Conference Championship: at Philadelphia, noon PT (L, 31-7)
Facing off against what’s supposed to be a tough AFC West is going to be a challenge, but the 49ers can take some comfort knowing that’s the inter-conference slate the rest of the NFC West has to play, too, further boosting the Niners’ chances within their own division.
However, there’ll certainly be some other entertaining matchups late in the season, particularly when former offensive coordinator, now-Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel, returns to San Francisco to face his old squad.
And it’ll surely be entertaining to have future Hall of Famer Tom Brady come back to the Bay Area to play against his boyhood-favorite team when the Buccaneers visit in Week 14.