No. 1: Corey Hawkins as 49ers Defensive Back Ronnie Lott
This list wouldn’t be complete without casting a defender in this hypothetical movie about the 1980s 49ers. While there were many great defensive players on those squads, one stands out above all the rest.
More from SF 49ers News
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- Updated 49ers salary cap space ahead of 2023 NFL Draft
- Deebo Samuel fully admits his hatred of LA Rams
- Brock Purdy jokingly says he’s learning to throw left-handed
- 49ers news: Trey Lance is in the dark regarding trade talk
That player is, of course, defensive back Ronnie Lott. The hard-hitting Lott was known to lay opponents out with devastating hits when they came across the middle.
For Lott, an actor that is full of heart on the screen would be needed. Corey Hawkins is a great candidate for this role.
Lott was well-rounded. He played cornerback, strong safety and free safety. Hawkins is also well-rounded in his acting. He’s appeared on television, film and theatrical productions.
Lott is also the embodiment of toughness. Even to this day, old-timer NFL fans mention his name when talking about the tough guys of the glory days.
While Hawkins doesn’t have football credits to his acting resume, he did play ex-Army Ranger Eric Carter on the TV series, 24: Legacy, and he embodied some toughness there that would make Lott proud.