SF 49ers: Biggest studs, duds from Week 12 win vs. LA Rams
By Peter Panacy
SF 49ers Loser: Arizona Cardinals
The LA Rams’ loss hurt, as they now could find themselves in second place within the NFC West if the Seattle Seahawks beat the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday Night Football.
Yet the Rams are still well locked in on the NFC playoff picture, so their loss to the SF 49ers doesn’t hurt too much. At least not right now.
More from SF 49ers News
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- Updated 49ers salary cap space ahead of 2023 NFL Draft
- Deebo Samuel fully admits his hatred of LA Rams
- Brock Purdy jokingly says he’s learning to throw left-handed
- 49ers news: Trey Lance is in the dark regarding trade talk
But for the Arizona Cardinals, who fell to 6-5 after losing 20-17 in Week 12 to the New England Patriots, the Niners win over the Rams is a bit more devastating.
An Arizona win over the Pats would have ensured it would at least stay pace with another NFC West squad, while gaining a game against the other. In an ideal world for the Cardinals, the Rams would have won with both the Niners and Seahawks losing, thereby increasing Arizona’s own NFC seeding out of the No. 7 spot.
With the Cardinals loss, though, they’re just one game above San Francisco and are barely clinging to the final Wild Card spot in the NFC.
Both teams play each other again in Week 17.