No. 1: SF 49ers have Nick Bosa named first-team All-Pro
Getting named the Defensive Player of the Year certainly isn’t out of the question for Nick Bosa. For sure, he’ll be in the running for it.
More from SF 49ers News
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- Updated 49ers salary cap space ahead of 2023 NFL Draft
- Deebo Samuel fully admits his hatred of LA Rams
- Brock Purdy jokingly says he’s learning to throw left-handed
- 49ers news: Trey Lance is in the dark regarding trade talk
A slightly more-attainable goal, however, would be Bosa securing another notable honor: a first-team All-Pro nod for defensive linemen. Last year, Chandler Jones and the Pittsburgh Steelers’ T.J. Watt rightfully claimed this selection for the first team, while Shaquil Barrett and the New Orleans Saints’ Cameron Jordan earned second-team honors.
Bosa was named to the Pro Bowl his rookie season, yes. And that’ll be the standard for him for years to follow.
But to get into that truly elite, Hall of Fame-worthy contention right out of the gate, Bosa will have to solidify himself as one of those few first-team All-Pro players who are recognized as the best of the best.
Fortunately, all the signs are there for Bosa to achieve this mark, setting a new standard for top-level pass-rushers and giving the Niners even more reasons to be happy with their top investment from the 2019 draft.