No. 1: 49ers are a playoff team right now
I know it’s early in the season, and the 49ers have a long road ahead to actually be playing meaningful games in January, but hear me out.
More from SF 49ers News
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- Updated 49ers salary cap space ahead of 2023 NFL Draft
- Deebo Samuel fully admits his hatred of LA Rams
- Brock Purdy jokingly says he’s learning to throw left-handed
- 49ers news: Trey Lance is in the dark regarding trade talk
A game like the one they played last Sunday was not one they would have won in any season dating back to 2014. In fact, the three games they have won thus far likely would not have been contests they would have won, either.
This is a different team. A more balanced and confident team. After two years, which saw a virtual complete overhaul of the roster in 2017 and unrealized (premature) expectations in 2018, it’s clear Shanahan and Lynch’s rebuild is working.
Again, we are three games into a 16-game season. As such, the 49ers still have a lot of work to do to actually become a playoff team. The players know this and understand the importance of taking things one game at a time.
This team has loads of talent and potential now. If they continue on their current path, a minimum of a Wild Card playoff seed should be attainable.