The San Francisco 49ers concluded the 2019 preseason with a 27-24 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers. With most starters sitting out, the game was the last chance for fringe players to audition for the roster.
Next time the San Francisco 49ers take the field, it will be for real, and the team will be hitting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with everything they have.
More from Niner Noise
- 49ers 2023 NFL Draft tracker: Pick-by-pick news and analysis
- Predicting 49ers NFL Draft picks by looking at final mocks
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- 2023 NFL Draft: EDGE Byron Young could be impact player for 49ers
- 5 low-key NFL Draft options for 49ers who are flying under the radar
But in the Niners’ final preseason game, most of the probable starters were rested, giving one final chance for the team’s fringe players to make a case for the final roster.
Sadly, despite the fact the game didn’t count, the 49ers couldn’t finish the preseason undefeated after suffering a 27-24 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers in their last preseason game.
Some players got some positive momentum heading into the final cuts, while some didn’t make a good last impression. While it’s likely the 49ers have already decided the fate of most of their players by this point in the process, there could be a few spots left on the roster yet to be claimed.
So, for the last time this preseason, let’s look at the stock report for the 49ers from this game. Which players may have played themselves into a role on the team, and who will be sweating by the phone on cut day?