No. 1: Cornerback Richard Sherman
Ah, yes. The 49ers’ longtime hated rival, cornerback Richard Sherman, makes his long-awaited return to Seattle.
More from Niner Noise
- 49ers 2023 NFL Draft tracker: Pick-by-pick news and analysis
- Predicting 49ers NFL Draft picks by looking at final mocks
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- 2023 NFL Draft: EDGE Byron Young could be impact player for 49ers
- 5 low-key NFL Draft options for 49ers who are flying under the radar
“It will be good to get back there and see some old guys, old faces,” Sherman told reporters on Thursday (h/t KNBR 680). “But it’s football. Football is football. Go out there and do my job and try to help our team win the ballgame.”
The question is whether or not Seattle fans will welcome him back.
Fans burned his jersey after the Seahawks parted ways with him during the offseason and he signed with San Francisco. That said, no Seahawk fan can deny the impact he made during the team’s glory years not long ago.
Much to the Niners’ chagrin.
Sherman, who made a regular habit of picking off 49ers quarterbacks over the years, has yet to record an interception this season.
But it sure would be sweet if he could register his first of the year against Russell Wilson and Co.
The 49ers and Seahawks square off at 4:25 p.m. ET on Sunday, Dec. 2 from CenturyLink Field in Seattle.