Potential Streamers and Sleepers
More from Niner Noise
- 49ers 2023 NFL Draft tracker: Pick-by-pick news and analysis
- Predicting 49ers NFL Draft picks by looking at final mocks
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- 2023 NFL Draft: EDGE Byron Young could be impact player for 49ers
- 5 low-key NFL Draft options for 49ers who are flying under the radar
Unless you’re in a “Superflex” league or a two-quarterback league, quarterback Brian Hoyer should be available on your waiver wire, and will be a potential quarterback-streamer against porous defenses.
With four potential running backs vying for the 49ers’ backup role, Hyde doesn’t currently have a true handcuff — not that handcuffing backs in a subpar offense is a particularly good strategy.
However, if Hyde begins to split time with a single running back — similar to last year’s Falcons — that RB could be a hot commodity on the waiver wire.
With the recent trade of tight end Vance McDonald, many expect George Kittle to immediately take over the 49ers’ starting role. Instead of drafting Kittle, wait to see how he is utilized over the beginning of the season, remembering that the NFL has yet to have a tight end drafted in the fifth round or later be fantasy relevant in his rookie season.
The San Francisco 49ers have a number of assets who can be drafted at a discount in 2017. Be sure to take advantage of the value in your draft, and good luck with your fantasy football season.