The 49ers offense has done no wrong this season. Christian McCaffrey is the front runner for Offensive Player of the Year, Brock Purdy hasn't thrown an interception, and Deebo Samuel has looked dangerous once again as a do-it-all weapon.
However, Samuel has been dealing with a knee injury that is reportedly keeping him from being 100% heading into the 49ers primetime matchup on Sunday Night Football against the Dallas Cowboys in a battle of two of the top teams in the NFC.
Samuel has been on a tear this season, but now may be compromised. Here's the latest on the Niners wide out.
Deebo Samuel Injury Status for Week 5 Game Against Cowboys
Samuel is going to play in this one, but his knee is keeping him from being at his best, per ESPN's Ed Werder and NFL Network's Ian Rappaport.
Samuel dealt with injuries for much of last season that kept down his production, and after a hot start to 2023, he may be in trouble of slowing down yet again with this lingering injury.
While his effectiveness may be in question, Samuel hasn't missed practice all week. He was a limited participant on Wednesday and Thursday and practiced in full on Friday.
Best Deebo Samuel Prop Bet for 49ers vs. Cowboys in Week 5
Deebo Samuel OVER 50.5 Receiving Yards
While there may be some concern about Samuel heading into this matchup, I have to trust him to go over this number. After seeing a limited number of snaps against the Cardinals, I expect to Samuel to return to his similar target share, even if he isn't 100%.
In the three games prior to Week 4, Samuel cleared this number with relative ease, posting receiving yard totals of 55, 63, 129 to start the season.
I'm going to have faith in this 49ers offense to find its star receiver and for him to play a role in this one. Simply put, this number is now too low after a quiet outing in Week 4.
If you want to bet this prop, I recommend doing it at FanDuel Sportsbook! FanDuel is letting new users get $200 in bonus bets upon signing up and placing a first bet of just 5$! Click below to sign up!
Deebo Samuel Injury History
- Dec. 2022: MCL Sprain, Ankle Sprain -- missed three games
- Oct. 2022: Hamstring Stain -- missed one game
- Jan. 2022: Knee Strain -- missed no games
- Nov. 2021: Groin Strain -- missed one game
- Nov. 2021: Calf Strain -- missed no games
- Dec. 2020: Thigh Strain -- missed three games
- Oct. 2020: Thigh Strain -- missed three games
- June 2020: Foot Fracture -- missed three games
- Oct. 2019: Groin Strain -- missed one game
- Sept. 2016: Thigh Strain -- missed three games
- Sept. 2015: Thigh Strain -- missed seven games
When is Debo Samuel Coming Back?
Samuel hasn't missed a game this season, and won't miss this marquee matchup in Week 5, but this is an effectiveness question for the jack-of-all-trades. Samuel didn't receiver a target nor a rush in last week's game against the Cardinals. However, after not missing practice all week, could he be in line for more porduction on Sunday Night Football?
49ers Next 5 Opponents
- at Browns, Sunday, Oct. 15
- at Vikings, Monday, Oct. 23
- Bengals, Sunday, Oct. 29
- at Jaguars, Sunday, Nov. 12
- Buccaneers, Sunday, Nov. 19
49ers Injury Report
- RB, Elijah Mitchell, Knee, OUT
Cowboys Injury Report
- TE, Peyton Hendershot, Ankle, OUT
- LB, Damone Clark, Shoulder, Questionable
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.