San Francisco 49ers tight end George Kittle is expected to play on Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers despite being listed as questionable with a groin injury, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
This is great news for the 49ers and Brock Purdy, as the team has a tough road matchup against a Mike Tomlin-coached team in Week 1.
George Kittle injury status for Week 1 game against Pittsburgh Steelers
Kittle is listed as questionable with a groin injury, but he is expected to play for the 49ers, barring a setback.
Best George Kittle prop bet for Week 1 vs. Steelers
George Kittle UNDER 41.5 receiving yards
Even though Kittle is expected to play, he may be limited, and he didn’t exactly crush this receiving number last season.
Kittle went over this total in just six games in 2022, and he had his best games when Deebo Samuel was out of the lineup. With Deebo healthy, I don’t see Kittle being a No. 1 option in this passing game in Week 1.
Whether you want to tail or fade this prop for Kittle, DraftKings Sportsbook has an offer for bettors to win either way on Sunday.
New users that sign up with the link below and wager $5 will instantly receive $200 in bonus bets. That’s a great way to start the NFL season.
George Kittle injury history
Kittle has been banged up quite a bit in his career, leading to a massive list of previous injuries:
- Nov. 2017: Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull – missed one game
- Oct. 2016: Pedal Foot Sprain – missed two games, limited rest of season
- Aug. 2018: Shoulder A/C Joint Separation – suffered in preseason
- Oct. 2019: Knee Patella Sprain – missed two games
- Aug. 2020: Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 – suffered in preseason
- Sept. 2020: Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2 – missed two games
- Nov. 2020: Pedal Foot Fracture – placed on injured reserve
- Sept. 2021: Leg Calf Strain – placed on injured reserve
- Sept. 2022: Inguinal Groin Strain Grade 2 – missed team’s first two games
- Aug. 2023: Inguinal Groin Pull – expected to play Week 1
When is George Kittle coming back?
Kittle is expected to play for the 49ers in Week 1 of the 2023 season, barring a setback in pre-game warm ups.
San Francisco 49ers next 5 opponents
- Los Angeles Rams, Sunday, Sept. 17
- New York Giants, Thursday, Sept. 21
- Arizona Cardinals, Sunday, Oct. 1
- Dallas Cowboys, Sunday Oct. 8
- Cleveland Browns, Sunday, Oct. 15
San Francisco 49ers injury report
- Charvarius Ward – heel, questionable
- George Kittle – groin, questionable
Pittsburgh Steelers injury report
- Larry Ogunjobi – foot, questionable
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.