The San Francisco 49ers looked vulnerable for the first time in a long time on Monday Night Football, falling to the Baltimore Ravens in a battle between two No. 1 seeds. Now, they'll need to beat the Commanders in a Week 17 bounce back spot to keep control of the No. 1 seed in the NFC.
In this article, I'm going to break down everything you need to know to bet on this game including the odds, injuries, key players, and my best bet.
If you want my best bets for the rest of the Week 17 slate, you can find them in the latest edition of the "Road to 272 Bets".
If you want to get in on the action, be sure to sign up for an account at DraftKings Sportsbook. For a limited time, new users who click the link below to sign up for an account will instantly receive $150 in bonus bets when they place their first $5 wager!
49ers vs. Commanders odds, spread, and total
49ers vs. Commanders betting trends
- The OVER is 4-1 in the 49ers' last five games
- 49ers are 4-1 ATS in their last five road games
- 49ers are 7-1 ATS in their last eight games vs. NFC East opponents
- Commanders are 1-4 ATS in their last five games
- The OVER is 5-1 in the Commanders' last six games
- The UNDER is 11-2 in the Commanders' last 13 games vs. NFC West opponents
49ers vs. Commanders injury reports
San Francisco 49ers injury report
- Jordan Mason - RB - Questionable
- Jauan Jennings - WR - Questionable
- Deebo Samuel - WR - Questionable
- Trent Williams - OT - Questionable
- Ambry Thomas - CB - Questionable
Washington Commanders injury report
- Percy Butler - S - Questionable
- Brian Robinson Jr. - RB - Questionable
- Chris Rodriguez Jr. - RB - IR
- Benjamin St-Juste - CB - Questionable
- John Ridgeway - DT - Questionable
49ers vs. Commanders how to watch
- Date: Sunday, Dec. 31st
- Game Time: 1:00 p.m. EST
- Venue: FedEx Field
- How to Watch (TV): FOX
- San Francisco 49ers Record: 11-4
- Washington Commanders Record: 4-11
49ers vs. Commanders key players to watch
San Francisco 49ers
Christian McCaffrey: With Brock Purdy's four interception game against the Ravens, Christian McCaffrey becomes their only hope to win NFL MVP for the 49ers. He's second on the odds list behind Lamar Jackson, averaging 5.4 yards per carry and 8.5 yards per reception this season.
Jacoby Brissett: The Commanders have benched their starting quarterback, Sam Howell, which means Jacoby Brissett will be the man under center for this game against the 49ers. Brissett has provided the team a spark in his appearances this season, but now we'll see if he can do it for an entire game.
49ers vs. Commanders prediction and pick
I don't care what the point spread is. There's no way you could convince me to bet on the Washington Commanders here. The 49ers are, in theory, going to be able score at will in this game. The Commanders defense ranks 30th in opponent yards per play and 31st in opponent EPA. Meanwhile, the 49ers rank first in just about every single offensive metric.
The Commanders offense, which could be relied on to a certain extent early in the season, has fallen off in the final third of the season. They have questions at quarterback and haven't found success through the air.
I don't care what the spread it, I'll lay the points with the 49ers.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!