49ers post-OTA 53-man roster predictions for 2021
49ers Specialists (3)
K Robbie Gould
P Mitch Wishnowsky
LS Taybor Pepper
As per usual, not much to say here, as kicker Robbie Gould and punter Mitch Wishnowsky are locked into their roles, with each of them currently under contract for two more seasons including 2021.
More from SF 49ers Roster
- 49ers roster: 5 players who could get cut after 2023 NFL Draft
- 49ers roster: Insanely early 53-man roster projection for 2023
- Kyle Shanahan is wrongly handling his QB situation with Trey Lance
- Zane Gonzalez trade doesn’t mean 49ers won’t draft a kicker
- 49ers roster: Top remaining free-agent tackles on the market
Taybor Pepper has solidified the 49ers’ long-snapper position since coming to San Francisco a few games into 2020 and recently signed a two-year deal to keep him around for at least as long as Gould and Wishnowsky.
The only really movable pieces are Wishnowsky and Pepper, but both have been solid enough to keep their jobs for the lengths of their current deals. And so long as the 49ers don’t try to match the Seahawks in punter contracts, everything should be OK.
The good news overall is that the Niners roster looks pretty well set at most positions, although a few weak links might still exist as noted in this projection.
But if they can stay healthy, they should have a roster that can compete in the NFC in 2021.