No. 3: Possible Trades
Trades in the NFL are extremely difficult to predict, so let’s be upfront and disclose this scenario is pure speculation.
More from SF 49ers News
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- Updated 49ers salary cap space ahead of 2023 NFL Draft
- Deebo Samuel fully admits his hatred of LA Rams
- Brock Purdy jokingly says he’s learning to throw left-handed
- 49ers news: Trey Lance is in the dark regarding trade talk
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. was visibly displeased with his current team throughout all of 2019.
Rumors have been swirling about a possible Beckham trade since it was reported he was asking opposing players to “come get me” in the middle of the year. One of the players he supposedly said this to was Niners quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo.
Beckham is a rare talent who can change the outcome of a game with one catch. He is the type of big-play deep threat San Francisco lacked in 2019.
The 49ers might not have enough draft capital to make a deal for the star receiver, but if Beckham really wanted to force his way out of Cleveland, he could.
Beckham would likely only force himself away from the Browns if he believed he would end up on a Super Bowl contender’s roster. The 49ers would fit the mold if they could find a way to work a deal for him, which wouldn’t be easy. But certainly possible.