No. 1: Win Week 17 Against the Seahawks
The Seahawks currently own the playoff tiebreaker over the 49ers, thanks to Seattle’s overtime win in San Francisco back in Week 10.
More from SF 49ers News
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- Updated 49ers salary cap space ahead of 2023 NFL Draft
- Deebo Samuel fully admits his hatred of LA Rams
- Brock Purdy jokingly says he’s learning to throw left-handed
- 49ers news: Trey Lance is in the dark regarding trade talk
But the 49ers could return the favor in a “winner take all” bout in Week 17 to close out the season.
The Niners haven’t won in Seattle since 2011, so one could make the argument they’re due to change the fortunes. But for all the history, Kyle Shanahan’s squad shouldn’t be concerned about what the past involves.
They’ll need to handle their business in this contest, which could ultimately decide the NFC West this season.
Again, the 49ers would be thrilled if the Seahawks somehow cough up a loss between now and Week 17 which, if combined with the Niners winning out, could re-alter the playoff picture entirely and back to the way it looked before Week 13.
Still, what matters most is San Francisco treating this game as a very real playoff bout, which could be the difference between a top seed and first-round bye or a distant Wild Card spot.