W, 35-14 vs. Giants
It took a while for the Patriots to figure things out against an invigorated Giants defense on Thursday Night Football.
Thanks to a 14-point fourth quarter, along with three interceptions by New England’s defense, the Patriots were able to keep their unbeaten streak going into Week 7.
More from SF 49ers News
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- Updated 49ers salary cap space ahead of 2023 NFL Draft
- Deebo Samuel fully admits his hatred of LA Rams
- Brock Purdy jokingly says he’s learning to throw left-handed
- 49ers news: Trey Lance is in the dark regarding trade talk
And they stay at No. 1 in our NFL power rankings as a result.
Tom Brady wasn’t electrifying, failing to find the end zone and tossing an interception during the winning effort. But he didn’t have to be on point, as running back Sony Michel and wide receiver Julian Edelman did a lot of the dirty work, offensively, while the defense and special teams managed three touchdowns of their own.
It’s typical Patriots football: If one or more elements are struggling, other units pick up the slack. That’s the way of head coach Bill Belichick.
New England will have an excellent chance to keep its unbeaten streak alive in Week 7, too, visiting the one-win Jets.
Barring a complete upset, the Pats likely stay at No. 1 in our NFL power rankings a week from now.