W, 41-17 @ Bengals
The 49ers get a nice spike in our NFL power rankings, made even more special by the fact they’re now 2-0 on the young season.
The last time San Francisco started a year with back-to-back wins was 2012, and the team went to the Super Bowl that year. And the fact both of these wins came on the road makes head coach Kyle Shanahan’s start even more impressive.
More from SF 49ers News
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- Updated 49ers salary cap space ahead of 2023 NFL Draft
- Deebo Samuel fully admits his hatred of LA Rams
- Brock Purdy jokingly says he’s learning to throw left-handed
- 49ers news: Trey Lance is in the dark regarding trade talk
This was about as lopsided a win the 49ers have enjoyed in some time. The ground game was key for the Niners, as running back Matt Breida led an effort that generated a whopping 259 yards on the ground.
Meanwhile, quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo bounced back from a lackluster Week 1 effort, tossing three touchdowns against just one interception, posting a passer rating of 131.2 in the process.
And rookie wide receiver Deebo Samuel, whom the 49ers selected in Round 2 of this year’s NFL Draft, managed 87 yards and his first pro-level touchdown, too.
Let’s see if San Francisco’s hot start is indicative of where Shanahan’s squad is heading this season. A crucial home matchup with the Steelers in Week 3 should be pretty revealing.