No. 3: 49ers’ Nick Bosa Earns Defensive Rookie of the Year Honors
Kyler Murray might have gone No. 1 overall in the NFL Draft. But the consensus top prospect was the 49ers’ own, Nick Bosa.
The Ohio State EDGE is expected to come in and deliver an immediate impact for a Niners defense laden with former first rounders. Bosa joins a studded cast already, including 2018 Pro Bowler DeForest Buckner, along with one of San Francisco’s bigger offseason pickups, former Kansas City Chiefs EDGE Dee Ford.
More from SF 49ers News
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- Updated 49ers salary cap space ahead of 2023 NFL Draft
- Deebo Samuel fully admits his hatred of LA Rams
- Brock Purdy jokingly says he’s learning to throw left-handed
- 49ers news: Trey Lance is in the dark regarding trade talk
Ford and Buckner combined for 25 sacks last season, meaning Bosa won’t have to “do it all” right out of the gate.
Instead, Bosa can rely on the fact opposing blockers will have their hands full handling this pass-rushing trio. And that should mean plenty of juicy opportunities for the former Buckeye.
One sports-betting site lists Bosa as the co-favorite to earn 2019 Defensive Rookie of the Year honors alongside Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Devin White.
Let’s jump on that prediction, too, pointing out how Bosa’s surrounding casts propels him into a position where he can take home this lofty accolade.