With everyone gearing up for Super Bowl LIII between the New England Patriots and Los Angeles Rams, Niner Noise decided to come up with some simple games to play at your party.
One great thing about the week leading up to the Super Bowl is the San Francisco 49ers are constantly mentioned as being one of the NFL’s leading dynasties.
That happened back in the 1980s, of course, and Niners fans everywhere are now forced to choose between the New England Patriots and NFC West division rivals, the Los Angeles Rams, in Super Bowl LIII.
You’ll still watch the big game. But instead of just sitting on your couch and eating a ton of food, why not turn Sunday’s contest into a bit of a, well… contest?
That’s right. You can come up with more than a few games to enjoy during the Super Bowl aside from the usual halftime flag (or tackle) pigskin toss you and your friends do in the backyard. At least that’s what we used to do.
So, if you’re looking to spice up your Super Bowl party a bit, try out these fun games for everyone.
Creative Super Bowl Prop Bets
It’s like Vegas, but it’s not. Instead, come up with some unique prop bets for the game. You can include some normal ones, like which team scores first or who winds up recording the game’s first touchdown. But have some fun with it, too.
Some ideas might be:
- Non-sports celebrity shown on TV (halftime performers aren’t eligible)
- Number of times Rams head coach Sean McVay’s age is mentioned
- How many times the Patriots’ come-from-behind win over the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl LI is mentioned
- Will there be a trick play
Type up enough bet questionnaires for your guests and have them fill it out. Final scores can be the tiebreaker, and have everyone put in a few bucks each for the prize money. Collect the sheets and tally up the winner!
Super Bowl commercials are the best, and Bingo is never a bad idea. You can even find Bingo game cards out there, and you just need the different brands you think will advertise on Sunday.
Dish these out to your guests, and include some prizes to make it even more fun!
Touchdown Celebration Charades
If your friends are die-hard NFL fans, this will be easier. You’ll have to be pretty knowledgeable of some of the best 2018 touchdown celebrations out there. Heck, remember wide receiver Marquise Goodwin doing the Olympic long jump?
This should help if you’re having trouble remembering:
Come up with player or team names and put them in a hat. Whoever draws that player has to do the celebration, charades style.
Watch everyone embarrass themselves.
Football Cards Against Humanity
OK, it’s time for the kids to leave the room.
For your adults-only games, have some fun while bringing aboard a favorite card game, Cards Against Humanity. If you haven’t played it, get a set or find someone who does. It’s terribly wonderful.
The thing, though, is you’ll need to come up with the black “question” cards yourself. Print a few out, but make them all football related. Some ideas might be:
- ___ is the reason the Bengals finally got rid of Marvin Lewis
- In addition to footballs, Tom Brady is also known for deflating ___
- Tom Brady has been called “The GOAT.” But his teammates prefer to call him ___
- The NFL has announced a new expansion team, named the ___
- The league is trying to cut down on players suffering ___ during games
- Bill Belichick best prepares for games by ___
You can get creative with the white answer cards, too, if you’d like. But some of the ones in there should be good enough.
Super Bowl LIII Drinking Games
Again, no kids. And please be sure you’re of legal drinking age and are responsible finding your way home.
That said, if you want to throw a few back during the game, here are some ideas:
- Take a drink if…
- Tom Brady’s wife, Gisele Bündchen, is mentioned
- Sean McVay’s age is mentioned
- Any player or coach cries
- Tom Brady or Rob Gronkowski possibly retiring after the season is mentioned
- Any penalty happens
- Every time the CBS broadcasting crew brings up the non-call in the Rams’ NFC Championship game win over the New Orleans Saints.
- Finish your drink if…
- Something goes wrong during the halftime show
- There’s a missed field goal or extra point
- A call is overturned after review
- Your team wins/loses
Hopefully you can get a little creative entertaining your friends, family and guests during the big game. And if you have some other fun ideas for games and entertainment during the Super Bowl, we’d love to hear about them. Chime in on the comments section and let us know!
Super Bowl LIII kicks off on Sunday, Feb. 3 at 6 p.m. ET.