I absolutely swear I did not think it would be so hard to write this.
I didn’t plan to have ties whatsoever, and yet for half of these categories, I was forced into a tie because there was just no way to split them.
More from SF 49ers Draft
- 49ers 2023 NFL Draft tracker: Pick-by-pick news and analysis
- Predicting 49ers NFL Draft picks by looking at final mocks
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- 2023 NFL Draft: EDGE Byron Young could be impact player for 49ers
- 5 low-key NFL Draft options for 49ers who are flying under the radar
Here’s how the players finished up:
Nick Bosa: 1.5 points
Josh Allen: 1.5 points
Quinnen Williams: 1 point
Again I reiterate, I did not know it would be this close.
It reflects the wonderful position the 49ers are in. There doesn’t seem to be many ways they could go wrong.
The 49ers could pick the best player in the draft in Bosa, they could pick the second best player and an absolute machine in Williams or they could go with the most versatile and experienced player in Allen.
There is no wrong answer here, any one of the three would make a fine addition to the 49ers defense as well as a partner for Buckner.
Whichever one you prefer, or even if you prefer to take none of the three and trade down instead, the 49ers are in an incredible position when it comes to taking someone with the No. 2 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.