And the top team in Niner Noise’s pre-Week 1 NFL power rankings?
None other than your Minnesota Vikings, of course.
More from Niner Noise
- 49ers 2023 NFL Draft tracker: Pick-by-pick news and analysis
- Predicting 49ers NFL Draft picks by looking at final mocks
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- 2023 NFL Draft: EDGE Byron Young could be impact player for 49ers
- 5 low-key NFL Draft options for 49ers who are flying under the radar
OK, so the Vikings were stacked last year on both sides of the ball. And aside from changing out quarterbacks, Case Keenum for Kirk Cousins, the offense remains largely consistent too.
Oh, and that running back, Dalvin Cook, returns from a 2017 injury as well. It gets even better, doesn’t it.
Minnesota has some key question marks, however, especially along a banged-up offensive line. Center Pat Elflein is going to miss some time with an ankle injury. Offensive guard Nick Easton is likely out for the season with a neck injury. Neither setback is particularly good for the Vikings.
We’ll see how much that affects Cook, Cousins and the entirety of Minnesota’s offense. But there are still plenty of weapons to make this group tick nicely.
And that defense? Well, the rich become richer after the Vikings brought aboard safety George Iloka.
The Vikings are, perhaps, the most well-rounded team in the NFC. Maybe the entirety of the NFL too, which is a scary thing for any squad looking to push this group out of the No. 1 spot heading into Week 1.