Well, this is simple.
Trent Baalke’s best NFL Draft pick is perennial All-Pro linebacker NaVorro Bowman. Hands down.
Bowman was highly touted at Penn State but came with a number of injury concerns and red flags, which likely forced his draft stock to fall into the middle rounds.
More from Niner Noise
- 49ers 2023 NFL Draft tracker: Pick-by-pick news and analysis
- Predicting 49ers NFL Draft picks by looking at final mocks
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- 2023 NFL Draft: EDGE Byron Young could be impact player for 49ers
- 5 low-key NFL Draft options for 49ers who are flying under the radar
Fortunately for San Francisco, Baalke didn’t hesitate to pull the trigger at No. 91 overall.
Since that point, Bowman has received four first-team All-Pro selections and three Pro Bowl nominations. Had it not been for serious injuries in 2014 and 2016, it’s likely Bowman’s accolades would be even higher.
To this date, and with good reason, Bowman remains the heart and soul of San Francisco’s defense.