The 2017 NFL schedule for the San Francisco 49ers is now out, and fans know when and where each contest this season will be played. Even though it’s way to early, Niner Noise tries anyway to predict wins and losses for each bout the Niners have this year.
San Francisco 49ers fans can now start planning their fall calendars, since the NFL has now released its 2017 schedule for the upcoming season.
The Niners get only one prime-time game — a Thursday Night Football contest against the Los Angeles Rams in Week 3.
But that’s what happens when you’re coming off a 2-14 season.
San Francisco 49ers
Niner Noise 49ers should pair Joey Bosa with Nick Bosa in 2021 free agency
More headlines around FanSided:— San Francisco 49ers 7-Round 2020 NFL mock draft: Offensive line help — Why 49ers will trade up in 2020 NFL Draft — 49ers out-of-the-box 7-round 2020 mock NFL Draft — 49ers could trade No. 31 overall pick to Chargers in 2020 NFL Draft — How 49ers players keep busy during coronavirus quarantines
For reference, here’s the list of 49ers games in 2017:
- Week 1 — Sunday, September 10 vs. Carolina Panthers at 4:25 p.m.
- Week 2 — Sunday, September 17 @ Seattle Seahawks at 4:25 p.m.
- Week 3 — Thursday, September 21 vs. Los Angeles Rams at 8:25 p.m.*
- Week 4 — Sunday, October 1 @ Arizona Cardinals at 4:05 p.m.
- Week 5 — Sunday, October 8 @ Indianapolis Colts at 1 p.m.
- Week 6 — Sunday, October 15 @ Washington Redskins at 1 p.m.
- Week 7 — Sunday, October 22 vs. Dallas Cowboys at 1:05 p.m.
- Week 8 — Sunday, October 29 @ Philadelphia Eagles at 1:00 p.m.
- Week 9 — Sunday, November 5 vs. Arizona Cardinals at 4:05 p.m.
- Week 10 — Sunday, November 12 vs. New York Giants at 4:25 p.m.
- Week 11 — BYE
- Week 12 — Sunday, November 26 vs. Seattle Seahawks at 4:05 p.m.
- Week 13 — Sunday, December 3 @ Chicago Bears at 1:00 p.m.
- Week 14 — Sunday, December 10 @ Houston Texans at 1:00 p.m.
- Week 15 — Sunday, December 17 vs. Tennessee Titans at 4:25 p.m.
- Week 16 — Sunday, December 24 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars at 4:05 p.m.
- Week 17 — Sunday, December 31 @ Los Angeles Rams at 4:25 p.m.
A year ago, the Niners were tied with the Atlanta Falcons for the league’s toughest strength of schedule. This year, San Francisco’s opponents combine for a 2016 winning percentage of .475, according to CBS Sports’ John Breech, which is down from the .555 mark a year ago at this time.
This could bode well for the 49ers, as they try to right the ship after what has otherwise been a forgettable two years.
It’s still early, but let’s try to make predictions for each regular-season game on the upcoming schedule.
And yes, we know factors like the NFL Draft and injuries can play a major role between now and Week 1.
Whatever. Predictions are fun. Let’s start off with the first week.