Cornerback Prince Charles Iworah
San Francisco’s final pick of the 2016 NFL Draft, cornerback Prince Charles Iworah, was a long shot to make the 53-man roster.
But with a 4.32 40-yard dash time at the NFL Scouting Combine, Iworah may be one of the faster defensive backs on the team’s roster.
Iworah is extremely raw but has a lot of the physical attributes teams like to see out of prototypical nickel cornerbacks. At 5-foot-9 and 192 pounds, Iworah may not be equipped to match up on the outside. And he still needs work in man coverage.
More from Niner Noise
- 49ers 2023 NFL Draft tracker: Pick-by-pick news and analysis
- Predicting 49ers NFL Draft picks by looking at final mocks
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- 2023 NFL Draft: EDGE Byron Young could be impact player for 49ers
- 5 low-key NFL Draft options for 49ers who are flying under the radar
But coaches can’t coach speed or raw potential. And that’s what Iworah has.
Who knows how the rookie’s development will go. Yet the former Western Kentucky corner could wind up as one of the better pieces to emerge from San Francisco’s practice squad.