The Packers and the 49ers kick off at 10 p.m. ET
You can watch the game on NFL Network, KPIX 5 in the Bay Area and on NBC 26 in Green Bay. Or you can listen to the game on KGO 810,107.7 The Bone, and KTRB 860 AM en espanol .
The rivalry between San Francisco and Green Bay is more than 60 years old dating back to the first game in the year 1950. The current matchup stands at 35-30-1 in favor of the Packers.
Their contests have not only been entertaining, but the overall score is very close. In 66 meetings, the rivalry stands at a mere 41 points apart.
More from Niner Noise
- 49ers 2023 NFL Draft tracker: Pick-by-pick news and analysis
- Predicting 49ers NFL Draft picks by looking at final mocks
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- 2023 NFL Draft: EDGE Byron Young could be impact player for 49ers
- 5 low-key NFL Draft options for 49ers who are flying under the radar
Some of the greatest moments of both teams have been had against each other. One being, Green Bay’s divisional win in 1996 that sent them charging toward their first Super Bowl victory since 1968.
Another being, San Francisco’s 1998 Wild Card victory at 3Com Park that was headlined by Terrell Owens and “The Catch II”
Both franchises have been teams of the decade, and both teams have won their share of Super Bowls. Regardless of the roster each team brings to the field on Friday, there is a history of greatness on both sides of the field. Hopefully for the fans, they both bring that greatness to preseason Week 3.