San Francisco 49ers: 5 Lesser-Known Players to Watch in Training Camp
By Peter Panacy
Tight End Busta Anderson
Second-year tight end Busta Anderson has a long shot to make the 49ers 53-man roster in 2016, but there are a good amount of question marks at this position as well.
The Niners aren’t going to pass on second-year pro Blake Bell just yet. And veteran TE Garrett Celek recently signed a nice contract extension. Throw in fullback Bruce Miller, as well as rookie wideout Devon Cajuste, and there doesn’t look to be a lot of room for Anderson here.
Still, the 6-foot-5, 244-pound tight end, who didn’t see action his rookie year, has some enticing traits.
As David Fucillo of Niners Nation noted, Anderson may be the type of player head coach Chip Kelly might want to work with in his offense.
Size alone makes Anderson intriguing.
More from Niner Noise
- 49ers 2023 NFL Draft tracker: Pick-by-pick news and analysis
- Predicting 49ers NFL Draft picks by looking at final mocks
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- 2023 NFL Draft: EDGE Byron Young could be impact player for 49ers
- 5 low-key NFL Draft options for 49ers who are flying under the radar
We’ll have to see how Kelly utilizes his tight ends after all the shakeups and likely position switches. This probably means Anderson is out of a roster spot, but his skill set should be worth watching in training camp.
Next: How the 49ers 2016 NFL Draft Should Have Gone
All statistics, records and accolades courtesy of Pro-Football-Reference.com and Sports-Reference.com unless otherwise indicated.