Grading Each 49ers Selection in the 2016 NFL Draft
The 2016 NFL Draft may be over, but there are still some things that can be analyzed and discussed. It’s time to grade each pick the 49ers made, and determine if they’ll pay off in the long run.
With the 2016 NFL Draft over, the San Francisco 49ers now find themselves with over 20 new faces on their roster. This is always exciting as each year teams usually turn over more than 20 roster spots.
While team building may take time in the NFL, most rookies don’t make an immediate impact. Unfortunately for 49ers fans, real life isn’t like Madden Football where one can find five or six starters in one draft. These rookies have to earn their playing time continually.
The 49ers are hoping that at least their two first round picks will start, day one, and contribute heavily to their successes in 2016 and beyond. Which of the other nine picks can help out right away? Which ones will have to develop first?
Here is a list of each 49ers selection:
- DeForrest Buckner, DE/DT, Oregon, Round 1, Pick No. 7
- Joshua Garnett, OG, Stanford, Round 1, Pick No. 28
- Will Redmond, CB, Mississippi State, Round 3, Pick No. 68(5)
- Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU, Round 4, Pick No. 133(35)
- Ronald Blair, DE/DT, Appalachian State, Round 5, Pick No. 142(3)
- John Theus, OT, Georgia, Round 5, Pick No. 145(6)
- Fhan Cooper, OT, Mississippi, Round 5, Pick No. 174(35)
- Jeff Driskel, QB, Louisiana Tech, Round 6 Pick No. 207(32)
- Kelvin Taylor, RB, Florida, Round 6, Pick No. 211(36)
- Aaron Burbridge, WR, Michigan State, Round 6, Pick No. 213(38)
- Prince Charles Iworah, CB, Western Kentucky, Round 7 Pick No. 249(28)
Let’s dive in and find out how the 49ers graded during this year’s draft.
Next: Round 1 Pick No. 7