We're in for a treat on Sunday night as the San Francisco 49ers will host the Dallas Cowboys in arguably the game of the year thus far.
The 49ers are one of only two undefeated teams left in the NFL and may be the only team remaining come kickoff on Sunday night depending on if the Philadelphia Eagles can get past the Los Angeles Rams in the afternoon.
If you're going to bet on this game, I'd recommend doing so at FanDuel Sportsbook. For a limited time, new users will be treated to $200 in guaranteed bonus bets when they place their first $5 wager. All you have to do is click the link below to take advantage of this offer.
If you want my best bet for every game this week, be sure to check out the latest edition of the "Road to 272 Bets."
Cowboys vs. 49ers odds, spread, and total
Cowboys vs. 49ers betting trends
- The Cowboys are 6-3 against the spread in their last nine games
- The UNDER is 6-2 in the Cowboys' last eight games
- The Cowboys are 9-1 ATS in their last 10 games played in October
- 49ers are 12-3 ATS in their last 15 games
- 49ers are 16-1 straight up in their last 17 games
- 49ers are 9-0 ATS in their last nine home games
Cowboys vs. 49ers injury reports
Dallas Cowboys injury report
- Zack Martin - G - Questionable
- Micah Parsons - LB - Questionable
- Tyron Smith - OT - Questionable
- Peyton Hendershot - TE- Questionable
- Rico Dowdle - RB - Questionable
San Francisco 49ers injury report
- Jon Feliciano - G - Questionable
- Elijah Mitchell - RB - Questionable
- Jauan Jennings - WR - Questionable
Cowboys vs. 49ers how to watch
- Date: Sunday, Oct. 8
- Game Time: 8:20 p.m. EST
- Venue: Levi's Stadium
- How to Watch (TV): NBC
- Dallas Cowboys Record: 3-1
- San Francisco 49ers Record: 4-0
Cowboys vs. 49ers key players to watch
Leighton Vander Esch: The 49ers have one of the most dynamic offenses in the NFL and their plethora of weapons and options makes them near impossible to defend. That means the Cowboys linebackers, Leighton Vander Esch included, are going to play big roles in this game as they try to slow down Christian McCaffrey and the rest of the 49ers offense in order to keep this game in reach.
San Francisco 49ers
Brandon Aiyuk: Everybody gives attention to McCaffrey, Deebo Samuel, and Brock Purdy, but Brandon Aiyuk is having a career year for the 49ers. In fact, PFF.com has him ranked as the highest-rated receiver in the NFL through the first four weeks. Keep an eye on him to have another strong performance.
Cowboys vs. 49ers prediction and pick
I don't think the Cowboys are nearly as good as their record indicates. They've yet to play top-tier talent, and a good portion of their scores have come from defensive turnovers and special teams plays.
They're going to be tested on Sunday night, and I don't think they're ready for a team as good as the 49ers. The Cowboys are just 13th in EPA per play and ninth in net yards per play (+0.4.) The 49ers are second in net yards per play (+1.8) behind only the Miami Dolphins.
As long as the 49ers can give Brock Purdy time in the pocket, and I think they will, San Francisco is going to win, cover and keep its undefeated record in tact.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!