No. 3: Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo
In terms of importance to the team, Jimmy Garoppolo is the 49ers’ No. 1 priority heading into 2019.
As far as fantasy football Niners power rankings go, however, Garoppolo finds himself third on this list.
More from Niner Noise
- 49ers 2023 NFL Draft tracker: Pick-by-pick news and analysis
- Predicting 49ers NFL Draft picks by looking at final mocks
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- 2023 NFL Draft: EDGE Byron Young could be impact player for 49ers
- 5 low-key NFL Draft options for 49ers who are flying under the radar
It’s for good reason, and it goes beyond the proverbial “quarterbacks aren’t too important in fantasy these days” argument.
While that’s true, Garoppolo has averaged only 282.5 pass yards per start with San Francisco since joining in the middle of 2017. He’s also averaged just over a touchdown per start, too, which equates to him being little more than just an OK bye-week quarterback in deeper fantasy leagues.
A lot of that could change in 2019, of course. The 49ers offense is far more reinforced this season, and it will be refreshing to see what Garoppolo can do over the course of a 16-game season (knock on wood he stays healthy).
Garoppolo is currently the 17th ranked quarterback in 12-team leagues, right now, meaning you shouldn’t worry too much about grabbing him early, unless you’re a San Francisco homer.
And we don’t blame you if you are.
For those reasons, Jimmy G finds himself squarely at No. 3 on this 49ers-centric list.