The Jaguars are finally closing the door on the Blake Bortles era at quarterback, and it’s probably two years too late.
That said, selecting at No. 7 overall puts them in a decent position to land one of the top three quarterbacking prospects in this year’s class. Unless, of course, a trade-up war emerges or Jacksonville becomes enamored with someone towards the top, like Dwayne Haskins.
More from SF 49ers Draft
- 49ers 2023 NFL Draft tracker: Pick-by-pick news and analysis
- Predicting 49ers NFL Draft picks by looking at final mocks
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- 2023 NFL Draft: EDGE Byron Young could be impact player for 49ers
- 5 low-key NFL Draft options for 49ers who are flying under the radar
Unlike the Broncos, however, the Jags aren’t laden with a ton of draft capital to offer up — only seven picks in total.
But Jacksonville does have an option the 49ers may like.
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Jaguars may consider moving two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Jalen Ramsey this offseason. And Niner Noise’s Akshaj Dwivedula pointed out how a mere pick swap in Round 1 (plus some swaps in later rounds) could be enticing enough for San Francisco to move out of No. 2 overall.
Cornerback is a need for the Niners, and Ramsey is one of the players John Lynch could use to rectify his defensive needs right away.