Quarterback Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills
Week 15 Matchup: Home vs. Detroit Lions
Normally, you’d probably want to stay away from nearly every Buffalo Bills offensive player. And that was the case for most of 2018, until recently.
More from SF 49ers Fantasy Football
- Fantasy football: Christian McCaffrey, Deebo Samuel diminish each other’s value
- Fantasy football: Christian McCaffrey to explode vs. Chargers in Week 10
- Fantasy football: 49ers start ’em, sit ’em players vs. Chiefs in Week 7
- Fantasy football: 49ers offense ruining top performers’ overall values
- Fantasy football: Drafting 49ers RB Elijah Mitchell is a smart move
Quarterback Josh Allen is a risky pick. But you might be feeling the fantasy football risk, hoping you can capitalize on a Detroit Lions defense allowing an average of 6.9 yards per attempt — good for 26th in the NFL. Sure, Allen has tossed four interceptions over the last two weeks, which would normally be a red flag. But Detroit has just six picks on the year, fifth fewest in the league. That should ease some concerns.
OK, Allen has thrown for over 200 yards just three times his rookie season. But at least two of those occurrences have taken place the last two weeks, so that’s a good sign. Where Allen has won, though, is with his legs. In Weeks 13 and 14, the former Wyoming signal-caller has rushed for a combined 236 yards, posting 100-plus yard games in each contest.
Despite the interceptions, Allen managed to post 28.7 and 18.3 fantasy football points those two weeks, respectively.
The good news is Allen has found something of a small groove since Buffalo’s Week 11 bye. If you have better options under center, fine. But if you’re desperate or hate your starting quarterback’s matchup, taking a flier on the 16.9 percent-owned Allen might be worth some hard thinking.