No. 1: Jimmy Garoppolo
Duh. This requires very little to no explanation at all. Jimmy Garoppolo is the most important player to the 49ers this year, and his injury would therefore be the worst.
More from Niner Noise
- 49ers 2023 NFL Draft tracker: Pick-by-pick news and analysis
- Predicting 49ers NFL Draft picks by looking at final mocks
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- 2023 NFL Draft: EDGE Byron Young could be impact player for 49ers
- 5 low-key NFL Draft options for 49ers who are flying under the radar
The 49ers are not very talented on the offensive side. Granted, there is a lot of potential, but there is a reason the offensive was not very good until Garoppolo came. He elevated the play of every other player on the offense.
Garoppolo plays the most important position in football. The QB is vital to a team. Teams like the Jacksonville Jaguars or the 2001 Baltimore Ravens, who win with below average signal-callers, are typically the exception and not the rule.
Finally, I’ve written before how C.J. Beathard needs to develop significantly over the course of the year. He is a below average replacement to Jimmy G. Our QB situation behind Garoppolo consists of Beathard and… that’s it. Beathard cannot play at a level anywhere near Garoppolo’s.
Using the logic established in the first slide, Garoppolo clearly outweighs every other player on this list. Without Jimmy G, the 49ers can kiss the playoffs goodbye.
Apart from injuries, the 49ers have holes in their roster they simply have to fill. That will go a long way to relieve some of the stress of injuries.