Carson Wentz. Enough said.
The Eagles now sit at No. 1 in our NFL power rankings, thanks largely to the efforts Wentz put forth in prime time against the Redskins on Monday Night Football.
Wentz was brilliant, completing 17 of 25 passes for 268 yards and four touchdowns against one interception. And that was just his passing game. The second-year quarterback also rushed for 64 yards, showing a much more dynamic element to his skill set and actually leading all rushers in the contest.
More from Niner Noise
- 49ers 2023 NFL Draft tracker: Pick-by-pick news and analysis
- Predicting 49ers NFL Draft picks by looking at final mocks
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- 2023 NFL Draft: EDGE Byron Young could be impact player for 49ers
- 5 low-key NFL Draft options for 49ers who are flying under the radar
After a shaky start, the Eagles settled in nicely and managed to hold off quarterback Kirk Cousins and the Redskins offense with relative ease. Even a one-time questionable secondary looked solid against the Washington pass attack.
If there is a worry for Philadelphia, though, it came from the loss of left tackle Jason Peters, who had to be carted off with what looked like a serious leg injury.
That’s going to hurt, as the Eagles offensive line has been playing outstanding this season.
Nevertheless, Philadelphia has to feel pretty good about being the only one-loss team in the NFL right now, and they certainly deserve to be at this spot.
As a consolation prize, they get to host the hapless 49ers this upcoming week.