4 of 6
Throughout training camp and preseason, the injury bug has made a home for itself within the 49ers roster. Some have been more serious, while others have been minor. Here’s an update on the injury list for notable San Francisco players:
- Safety Jimmie Ward (hamstring) — Ward injured his hamstring during the conditioning test phase of training camp, and was subsequently placed on the PUP list. After being on there for over three weeks, Ward has finally been activated to the active roster. Ward is out for the game against the Vikings, but it’s positive sign to see him practicing again.
- Defensive lineman DeForest Buckner (ankle) — Buckner has been dealing with a nagging ankle injury, and it was aggravated recently. Buckner was back at practice this week, although on a limited basis. His status is uncertain.
- Fullback Kyle Juszczyk (shoulder) — Juszczyk injured his shoulder recently, and was spotted at practice wearing a blue non-contact jersey. He is questionable for the game.
- Offensive lineman Joshua Garnett (knee) — Garnett hurt his knee during the beginning portion of training camp, which required arthroscopic knee surgery, and has been out of action since early August. Head coach Kyle Shanahan is hopeful that Garnett will return for week one of the regular season.
- Linebacker Aaron Lynch (ankle) — One of the more impressive pass rushers this preseason, Lynch had his ascent interrupted with an ankle injury. Lynch was held out of last week’s game, but was back at practice this week. His status is uncertain.