No. 2: How Big a Weakness Is the 49ers Offensive Line?
San Francisco’s offensive line remains a unit in flux. And that’s not a good thing, considering O-lines take time to jell.
More from Niner Noise
- 49ers 2023 NFL Draft tracker: Pick-by-pick news and analysis
- Predicting 49ers NFL Draft picks by looking at final mocks
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- 2023 NFL Draft: EDGE Byron Young could be impact player for 49ers
- 5 low-key NFL Draft options for 49ers who are flying under the radar
The 49ers defensive line made easy work out of O-linemen Trent Brown and Brandon Fusco on day nine of practice, per Niners Wire’s Rob Lowder, and both pass protection and run blocking have been something of a constant issue for the guys up front.
If there is good news, it’s the fact this preseason bout should give a chance for players to test their skills against guys not necessarily familiar with apparent weaknesses.
Better yet, we could get a clearer indication which players may wind up in the starting alignment and which are better in reserve roles.
Still, signs aren’t pointing to this unit being a solid force this season.