No. 3: Jeremy Kerley
Wide receiver Jeremy Kerley, who led the Niners receiving corps with 667 yards last season, returns as the prime candidate to handle slot duties this season.
More from Niner Noise
- 49ers 2023 NFL Draft tracker: Pick-by-pick news and analysis
- Predicting 49ers NFL Draft picks by looking at final mocks
- DraftKings NFL Draft Promo – Win $150 Guaranteed on Any $5 Bet
- 2023 NFL Draft: EDGE Byron Young could be impact player for 49ers
- 5 low-key NFL Draft options for 49ers who are flying under the radar
2016 proved to be a solid year for the 28 year old, although he’ll have some pressure facing him from down the depth chart.
Height isn’t exactly a 49ers strength at this position, and one could argue a number of shorter players could challenge the 5-foot-9 Kerley for slot duties. Namely, rookie wideout Trent Taylor.
“I’m not worried about my job being [taken] or nothing like that,” Kerley said, via David Bonilla of 49ers Webzone. “I’ve been doing the same thing for seven years. (I’m a) fifth-round pick. Nothing’s ever been set in stone for me. I feel like every year, I’m fighting for something.”
The competition is a good thing, especially considering there wasn’t much of this a year ago.
Expect Kerley to be the top slot option to open up 2017.