The San Francisco 49ers could really use an Easter of their own. Easter, of course, is day signifying renewal for Christians around the country and around the world. After an offseason of being rough news, the 49ers could definitely use an opportunity to forget the past few weeks and start fresh.
So, without further ado, here are the 7 things that the Easter Bunny should bring to the 49ers this Easter Sunday:
1) A new contract for Jim Harbaugh
This would halt the chatter about a dysfunctional front office/head coach structure.
2) The end of the Colin Kaepernick saga–with no charges filed and Kaepernick’s innocence declared
Though it seems to be only a matter of time, this is still quite annoying.
3) A suspension of Aldon Smith
We cannot start fresh until we come to terms that Smith will be gone for at least a few games. On the same note. . .
4) A pass-rusher
Likely in the 2nd or 3rd round, the 49ers need someone to replace Smith for a bit.
5) A talented, young receiver
Pick whomever you please, I like Martavis Bryant and, earlier, Mike Evans, though I think one of these guys is much easier to obtain.
6) A talented, young cornerback
We needed this anyway, but Chris Culliver and his mishaps is making this need much more apparent.
7) A couple of weeks out of the news for off-field incidents