Cornerback/Receiver Poll Results


Thank you to all who voted in the polls on whether the 49ers should draft a cornerback or a receiver in the first round and how many of each position they should pick up in the draft. The results are not extremely surprising, but they are quite interesting.

The first question stated “Should the 49ers Draft a Cornerback or Wide Receiver in Round 1?” A slight majority (52%) said the 49ers should pick up a receiver first, with the other 48% wanting a cornerback. Both positions are deep and the 49ers could probably not go wrong either way. The receiver position seems a little deeper, to me, at the bottom of the first round and the cornerback position a little deeper in rounds 2 and 3, so I happen to agree with the majority.

The second poll asked “How Many Cornerbacks/Receivers Should the 49ers Draft?” The most popular of the 4 answer choices was “2 each” (49%). A relatively close second was “2 cornerbacks, 1 receiver” with 43% in favor. You definitely think the 49ers need more than one cornerback, as these answer choices took up 4% each (1 cornerback, 2 receivers and 1 each). With 6 draft picks in the top 100, the 49ers should be able to acquire 2 cornerbacks and 2 receivers without too much difficulty while still addressing other issues (i.e. defensive line depth). This seems reasonable, and once again I must agree with the highest vote-getter.

Thanks for voting! Hit up the comments if you have any other thoughts on this topic!

Next 49ers Game Full schedule »
Sunday, Nov 22 Nov1:05St. Louis RamsBuy Tickets

Tags: 49ers 49ers 2014 49ers Draft Poll San Francisco 49ers

comments powered by Disqus