The San Francisco 49ers (9-3-1) face the New England Patriots (10-3) at Gillette Stadium at 5:20 PM PST this Sunday in the biggest game of their season so far. The 49ers are coming off a redeeming win against the Miami Dolphins and need to maintain their lead over the Seattle Seahawks for the NFC West title and the Green Bay Packers for the second NFC playoff seed. The Patriots are coming off a dominating win against the Houston Texans on Monday night and look to take over the top AFC seed with a victory against the 49ers and a Texans loss. Here are the 49ers Gold Points for week 15:
- Week 16 game on Dec. 23rd versus the Seahawks has been flexed to Sunday night. This will be the 49ers’ sixth prime time game of the season which is the most league rules allow a single team to play. The 49ers are 4-0 in prime time games so far (hopefully 5-0 after Sunday).
- The 49ers can clinch the NFC West title with a victory over the Patriots and a Seahawks loss to the Buffalo Bills.
- QB Colin Kaepernick is for the first time officially listed as the sole first team quarterback on the team’s depth chart.
- WR Mario Mannigham had limited participation in practice all week and did not participate on Friday. He is doubtful for Sunday’s game.
- RB Brandon Jacobs was suspended for the final 3 games of the season. Jacobs had 5 carries for 7 yards on the season. He made public statements about his displeasure towards lack of playing time. His roster spot was not filled as of Friday.
- TE/DT and special teams force Demarcus Dobbs was placed on the injured reserve after suffering a knee injury during the last game. He is out for the season.
- LB Eric Bakhtiari was signed to the team to fill Dobb’s spot.
- We learned this week that Kaepernick apparently dislocated WR Randy Moss’ finger during the game against the Chicago Bears, which had never happened to Moss. Moss likened Kaepernick’s throws to a Randy Johnson fastball!
- The “Kaepernicking” trend gained momentum. In case you missed it, check it out here
Tags: San Francisco 49ers