The San Francisco 49ers (8-3-1) face the Miami Dolphins (5-7) at Candlestick Park at 1:05PM PST this Sunday. The 49ers are coming off a disappointing loss against the Rams as they look to continue their pursuit of the NFC West title and the all-important second playoff seed. Here are the Gold Points of the week:
- Coach Harbaugh announced (QB) Colin Kaepernick as the starter against the Dolphins for the fourth consecutive week.
- Harbaugh took responsibility this week for the botched pitch play during the fourth-quarter of the Rams game saying he should not have let that play get called in that situation. Conversely, Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman did not necessarily go down the same path of responsibility saying the result was not what they expected but he stopped short of calling it a bad play call.
- (WR) Mario Manningham missed practice due to a shoulder injury. He is listed as doubtful for Sunday’s game.
- (LB) Alex Hoffman-Ellis was signed to the practice squad and (S) Eddie Whitley was released
- Jim Harbaugh relived a cameo appearance from Saved by the Bell and a hard pat on the back moment with Screech. If you missed it, check it out here. Good stuff!
- The 49ers celebrated a “Topping Out” ceremony where two gold-painted steel beams signed by over 800 people including workers, executives, players, coaches and staff were raised atop the 50-yard line of the new Santa Clara stadium’s suite tower.