I didn’t plan on posting today. I’ve been burned out this whole week because of the superbowl’s extra week off, and I’d planned on not typing a thing until at least the beginning of tomorrow’s game.
I suppose it’s because of my burning disgust towards the NFL that I’ve been avoiding all football related content, but I couldn’t resist passing along a posting the good folks at therealests made, that goes into details as to why you shouldn’t blame the 49ers for the patriots getting the #7 pick in this upcoming draft.
In short they detail the trades that ultimately led to the Pats having the 49ers pick. Bottom line; the 49ers got a Franchise OT out of it. Here’s their breakdown of the trade.
Trade #1 (9.12.2006)
- WR Deion Branch
- 2007 first round pick (#24 overall: S Brandon Meriweather)
Trade #2 (4.28.2007)
- #28 pick in 2007 Draft (OT Joe Staley)
- 2008 first round pick in 2008 Draft (#7 overall)
- #110 overall pick in 2007 Draft
Trade #3 (4.29.2007)
- #110 overall pick in 2007 Draft (CB John Bowie)
- WR Randy Moss
Hopefully the Pats blow this and end up with a new Rashan Salaam.